Eligibility for Admission :
The candidate applying for BBA program must have:
– Successfully completed a twelve-year schooling or its equivalent form any university, board or
institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
– Secured at least second division in the 10+2, PCL or equivalent program.
– Complied with all the application procedures.
Admission Criteria :
Written Test (CMAT) : Applicants are required to appear in the CMAT examination conducted by the Tribhuvan University faculty of Management. Students must secure a minimum of 40% in the CMAT examination in order to qualify for the interview. The examination will follow the standard testing patterns and may include areas like verbal ability, quantitative ability, logical reasoning and general awareness.
Interview : Only short-listed candidates from the written test will be interviewed and selected for admission.
MISSION : The mission of BBA is to develop socially responsive. creative and result-oriented management professionals to fulfill the middle level managerial positions in the rapidly growing business sectors in Nepal and aboard.
– Prepare professional mangers capable of handling business in a dynamic global environment.
– Produce socially responsible and creative entrepreneurs capable of promoting business and
industry for the socially economic development of Nepal.
– Conduct research and management development programs for updating the knowledge and skill based on academics and practicing management.
– Innovate and promote management programs catering to the various social and economic sectors of Nepal.
– Establish linkages with leading industries and management institutes within the country as well as
aboard and collaborate with the program development and implementation.
The specific objectives of the BBA program are to:
– Prepare students to take-up middle level managerial positions in the business sector.
– Develop student\’s skill in business management capable of understanding and
solving practical business problems creatively.
– Provide professional management education with a blend of computer and management
information system courses.
– Prepare students to proceed onto post-graduate-level study in business administration.
Passing Grade and Grading System : Students must secure a minimum of grade or Grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in the internal evaluation in order to qualify to appear in the semester examination. In order to pass the semester examination students must secure a minimum of grade or the cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0. Students who secure a Semester Grade of will not be promoted to the next semester.
The grading system shall be as follows.
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
First Division with Distinction
Pass in Individual Paper
Attendance : Students are required to attend regularly all lectures, practical classes, seminars and presentations as required by the course. A candidate for the examination must have attended a minimum of 80% of such activities in order to be eligible to appear in the semester examination.
Credit Transfers : The program allows students to transfer the credits earned by them in similar program of other universities recognized by Tribhuvan University. The maximum credit transfer allowed to a student shall be 30 credit hours. The TU shall have the final authority to decide on the credit transfers.
A student who has partially completed the BBA program and would like to discontinue his/her studies shall also be allowed to withdraw from the program. In such cases, a certificate specifying the credit earned by the student in the program will be provided.
Pedagogy : The general pedagogy includes class lectures, group discussions, case studies, practical exercise, laboratory work, project work, term papers, and internship. The teaching faculty will determine the choice of the teaching methodology according to the needs of the course.
The concerned teacher/instructor shall develop a detailed course outline and work plan at the beginning of each semester and also recommend the basic text and other reference materials for teaching learning of the course modules. Being effective teaching method, we use multi media and overhead project (OHP) as teaching aid to facilitate the learning process and we arrange guest lecturer series by management professionals and business entrepreneurs.
Internship : In the final semester, students shall be attached to organization where they have to work for a period of eight weeks. Each student shall prepare an individual project report in the prescribed format based on his/her work in the respective organization assigned to him/her. Evaluation of the internship will based on the confidential report by the organization(40%) and the project report (60%). The report must be submitted by the end of the eighth semester. Students must secure a minimum grade of in the internship. The internship carries a weight equivalent to 6 credit hours.
Evaluation and Examination System : The BBA program will be executed through the semester system. The regular program is completed in eight semesters. The internal (ongoing) evaluation and the external (end of semester) examination shall carry 40 percent and 60 percent weightage respectively. The semester examinations are conducted by TU. The final grade of the student is determined on the overall performance in the internal and external examinations.
|Curricular Structure :
The BBA Program comprises the following four course components:
– Management and Allied Courses: 72 credit hours
– Computer Related Courses: 18 credit hours
– Specialization Area Courses: 24 credit hours
– Internship 6 credit hours
Total 120 credit hours
|Course Cycle (Each course carries 3 credit hours):
ENG 201: English-I
MGT 201: Principles of Management
ECO 201: Micro Economics
MTH 201: Basic Mathematics
ITC 201: Fundamentals of Computer
| Second Semester
ENG 203:Business Communication
MGT 205:Operation Management
ACC 201:Financial Accounting
FIN 201:Business Finance
ITC 203:Computer Programming-II
MGT 204:Business Law
MGT 206:Business Environment in Nepal
ACC 202:Cost&Management Accounting
ITC 204:Introduction to Database
MGT 207:International Business
FIN 202:Basic Financial Management
MKT 201:Principles of Marketing
ITC 205:Management Information System
MGT 203: Organizational Relations
MGT 208: Business Strategy
MKT 202:Marketing Communication
LOG 201: Critical Thinking & Decision Making
five specialization Courses form any group
1. Management Information System
2. Travel and Tourism Management
3. Banking & Finance
4. Industrial Management
| Eighth Semester
1. Three Specialization Courses
2. Internship (6 Credit hours)